Silicon Valley’s Can’t-Miss Networking Events:
Matching Nonprofits with Board Members
If you read Sheryl Sandberg’s book, “Lean In,” she advises taking a seat at the table. THRIVE, the San Mateo-based Consortium of NonProfits, takes it a step further, reminding us that when you take a seat, you make a difference.
From THRIVE: “Local nonprofits need your skills and expertise. They are looking for potential board members like YOU to help them move mountains and improve the quality of life in our community. Register to attend OnBoard Match Event to find a nonprofit where you can:
- Contribute to a cause you are passionate about
- Use your professional skills and connections to help others
- Work with a group of committed, visionary leaders
- Give back to where you live or work
- Have fun and make a difference!”
For more information about these events, see the sign up page at this link.