Our thanks to NDNU Tracy Enrollment Director Cerena Sweetland-Gil for sharing this!
JOB OPENING IN TRACY at EA Family Services (Must have AA degree or higher). Our Support Counselors are assigned to foster youth that need a few hours a week of one-on-one support to address behavioral concerns, life skills, or other issues in the child’s case plan. You will make your own schedule as long as it is compatible with your client. Most clients are seen after school or weekends, as needed. You will also control your caseload, you can work a few hours a week up to 20-30 hours. Clients are placed in foster homes throughout the Central Valley. Support Counselors have access to a company vehicle from our Tracy office to visit clients. The detailed job description is below. If interested, please email your resume to Deally (pronounced Dolly) Curran at email@example.com. HOURLY WAGE IS BASED ON EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE. I can not answer these questions, please reach out to Deally via email or call our office at (209) 839-8021, if interested.
Job Description – Support Counselor
1. Minimum 6 months experience working with emotionally disturbed children or children
with serious behavioral problems
2. Bachelor or Associate degree in a social science related field. Optional qualifications with
various educational and experiential background are allowed but must meet Department of
Social Services regulations
3. FBI, DOJ, Child Abuse Index Clearance (CAIC), Health Screening and TB clearance
4. Current Driver’s License and clean driving record
1. A contemporary understanding of child development
2. An interest in working with children and families
3. A mature and responsible person with a nondiscriminatory attitude regarding people
4. Good verbal and written skills
5. Public relations orientation with an outgoing, friendly personality
6. Good health and able to lift up to 50 pounds
7. Maintain a respectful and objective attitude, free from personal bias
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Under the supervision of social work staff, provide in-home support services to ITFC foster families,
including consultation to foster children and guidance to foster families.
2. Participate in developing and implementing child treatment plans, and offer revisions as needed.
3. Make sufficient home visits as part of a child treatment plan.
4. Arrange and supervise visitation of foster children and biological family. Model parenting skills
when appropriate. Assist in transporting foster children if needed
5. Provide liaison services with Social Services, Probation, and professional or educational
agencies as necessary. Notify social work staff if additional social work services are indicated.
6. Assist social work staff in coordinating foster family training.
7. Assist in all office duties as may be necessary, including answering the phone, filing, etc.
8. Inform an ED or Social Work Supervisor of any actual or potentially illegal or harmful situations
regarding the operation of foster homes and child placement.
9. Follow State and Federal laws regarding confidential information and child abuse reporting
10. Hours and days of work are flexible to satisfy the job requirement but may be part-time in nature