Dr. Patrick Arbore is on the Board of The Village and says that it is “a great place to work for anyone with a communications background and who wants to work within human services.” Thank you, Dr. Arbore!
Title: Communications and Fund Development Coordinator – Full time
Report to: Executive Director
San Francisco Village (www.sfvillage.org) is a non-profit, membership organization that connects older San Franciscans to the community, programming and expertise they need to continue living lives of purpose and meaning. Currently we have 350 members in 24 neighborhoods and 150 non-member volunteers. San Francisco Village is one of 300 villages nationwide.
The Communications and Fund Development Coordinator is an outward-facing position that focuses on the growth of San Francisco Village (SFV) in a variety of ways:
- Raising the visibility of SFV in the San Francisco community
- Increasing the number of members and volunteers
- Cultivating donors and potential donors
- Enriching members’ experience through communication vehicles such as website, newsletter, blog, etc.
- Contributing to the development of the SFV brand and increasing brand recognition
Specific duties include:
- Coordinating efforts to recruit new members and volunteers
- Managing digital media efforts on Facebook, Twitter and other potential outlets like Instagram and Youtube
- Managing grant proposal process from submission to final reporting
- Supporting the annual fundraising event Transforming Lives and Community Luncheon
- Coordinating Annual Appeal Campaign and other letter campaigns
- Managing production of the Annual Report
- Staffing events as needed
Skills and Characteristics
- Passionate about and skilled in building community
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Proficiency in social media and digital communications
- Curiosity and enthusiasm for working with older adults
- Ability to solve problems creatively
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
We are results-oriented and value the joy in our work. Having fun matters!
Please submit cover letter and resume to Kate@sfvillage.org.