CuriOdyssey is a science and wildlife center that gives children real-world experiences with inquiry and investigation. We provide visitors with the opportunity to explore interactive science exhibits and have up-close encounters with native California animals. Our offerings include in-house designed and fabricated science exhibits, a native animal zoo, wildlife programming, and science classes and camps.
CuriOdyssey has a job opening for a full-time Membership Manager. The deadline to apply is January 5, 2015. See this link for more information: http://www.curiodyssey.org/about/employment/
The Membership Manager is responsible for CuriOdyssey’s membership program to achieve revenue goals, provide exceptional member service and support the CuriOdyssey brand to this valued audience. We are looking for someone who loves data, is highly organized and brings creativity and flexibility to the role. The Membership Manager reports to the Director of Marketing.
• Develop and execute a year-round membership marketing plan that incorporates promotions, renewals, on-site sales, online opportunities and direct mail
• Send renewal, lapsed, and upgrade mailings
• Work with vendors to conceptualize, draft and oversee production of all direct mail projects
• Manage on-site membership sales campaigns, including personal sales of memberships
• Develop signs and communications material to promote membership in the museum
• Support guest services manager in training guest service staff on the value, benefits and selling of memberships
• Develop attractive new membership benefits as needed
• Collaborate with development team on joint efforts to build a supporting community of members, donors and partner organizations
• Process, acknowledge and record all memberships in a timely and accurate manner
• Manage inventory of all membership supplies including membership cards, stationery and brochures
• Develop and execute a year-round members program that includes special events (e.g. exhibit openings), appreciation opportunities and other creative approaches to member service
• Respond promptly and with exceptional customer service to member phone calls and emails.
• Submit pertinent articles for members of inclusion in newsletters, emails, etc.
• Conduct and analyze regular member surveys
• Organize and supervise all membership events
• Analyze and report on membership performance and trends and recommend changes as needed
• Provide regular financial reports for accounting reconciliation and performance tracking.
• Train and manage volunteers and/or temporary data entry administrators as needed.
• Generate mailing lists for member mailings
• Find appropriate volunteer support to execute the membership program.
• Work closely with the development team to implement a unified solicitation strategy that moves members into the donor base
Marketing and Development Team Support
• Manage creation of all on-site museum signs for members and member activities
• Work directly with print and other vendors on all membership projects
• Support social media efforts as needed to communicate to members and visitors
• Participate and assist at all marketing events and promotions
• Provide support to guest services manager when needed based on staffing and vacations
• Cross-train in onsite admissions to provide support when needed
• Support joint marketing and development team projects and events
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred (or an Associate’s Degree and equivalent experience)
• Knowledge of fundraising databases required (Altru, Raiser’s Edge, FileMaker Pro, etc.)
• Experience working in a sales environment or demonstrated ability to meet revenue goals
• High level of comfort with a variety of software packages
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) required
• Proficiency in InDesign and Photoshop
• Prior proven experience with data accuracy
• Demonstrated aptitude for data-oriented analysis, tracking, and production
• Excellent phone manner and ability to deal with members in a personable, effective and courteous manner
• Excellent writing skills and rigorous attention to detail
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, non-profit environment
• Comfort and affinity in a creative, solution-oriented environment
This position will require occasional work on weekends.
Compensation and Benefits
• Full-time, exempt
• Salary: Competitive salary depending on experience
• Benefits include: individual medical, dental, life insurance, 403(b) retirement plan, museum membership
• Expected start date: January, 2015
Please mail or email by January 5, 2015 a cover letter and resume to:
1651 Coyote Point Drive
San Mateo, CA 94401
Email: pjenkins (at)CuriOdyssey.org
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Thank you for your interest.
Image courtesy midpenbgc.org