Job Opportunity: Hiller Aviation Museum (San Carlos)
The Hiller Aviation Museum, one of the most unique destinations on the San Francisco peninsula, is looking for an enthusiastic and dynamic individual to join the team as a part time Volunteer Coordinator.
Working closely with and reporting to the Vice President of Operations, the Volunteer Coordinator actively recruits, screens, and places volunteers to serve a variety of functions within the museum including customer service, gallery tour presentation and exhibit and aircraft restoration. The Volunteer Coordinator supervises the training of volunteers and maintains the museum’s volunteer database and volunteer records. The Volunteer Coordinator builds a positive relationship between volunteers and museum team members to deliver loyal, enthusiastic, and competent volunteer support to assist the museum in its operations, while providing a stimulating and enjoyable experience for the volunteers.
• Minimum of Associates degree from an accredited school.
• At least 2 years of successful experience in managing volunteers, and/or managing staff, and/or managing an office within the guidelines of defined project goals.
• Excellent clerical skills required.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
• Excellent “people” skills required.
• Must have a professional attitude and appearance.
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office software, including Word and Excel.
Hours: 20 per week.
Send cover letter and resume to Human Resources, Hiller Aviation Institute and Museum, 601
Skyway Blvd., San Carlos CA, 94070 or email@example.com.
Image courtesy tubinetoucan.com