Interested in student government? The Associated Students Association of NDNU (ASNDNU) has a Senator position open for an intensive student. The Senate meets every Tuesday afternoon from 4:30 PM to 6:00 PM.
Here’s their purpose statement, from the web site; check there for more info and if you are interested, contact ASNDNU President Kevin Tovar Beel at email@example.com:
The Associated Students of Notre Dame de Namur University (ASNDNU) is the official student governing body of the University. The purpose of ASNDNU is to provide for the general welfare of the Association and the University. In doing so, ASNDNU will be given powers and responsibilities as follows:
- To be recognized as the official voice of the Association membership.
- To promote student interest in all areas of life at the University.
- To raise and allocate funds.
- To coordinate and support Association activities.
- To review, advise, and make recommendations, as appropriate, to the University Administration regarding the establishment and implementation of University policies and procedures.
- To be an active participant on University boards, committees and councils, as designated by University Administration.
- To hold elections and meetings to discuss and vote on important issues related to student life.
- To uphold and honor the mission of the University, recognize the mission of the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur; peace, social justice, and education for all.
Image courtesy ndnu.edu