GreatNonprofits has a great summer internship opportunity now open! If you know anyone interested, please drop me a line at email@example.com. I’ll be interviewing applicants as resumes come in.
Jessica Belsky, GreatNonprofits
GreatNonprofits is a “Yelp” for nonprofits, allowing you to find, review, and talk about great — and perhaps not yet great — nonprofit organizations near you. We strive to make it easier for you to share your knowledge and experience so that other people can discover the great, often under-publicized nonprofits that are out there. We don’t review nonprofits ourselves; much like Amazon, TripAdvisor, or Epinions, the reviews and ratings on our site, GreatNonprofits.org, are all posted by volunteers, clients, and donors who have been touched by a nonprofit and want to share their story about it. GreatNonprofits is a non-profit 501 (c) (3) organization itself.
What You’ll Do:
– Execute new online marketing campaigns
– Draft press releases, blogs, and story “pitch letters”
– Post to social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter
– Develop and post new website content
– Research and organize information for use in marketing projects
– Respond to client feedback
– Maintain media contact lists
Why Do It:
– Gain online marketing and communications skills
– Put your writing skills to good use
– Work with a small team in a young, start-up/nonprofit environment
– Gain access to a wide variety of nonprofit leaders and organizations
– Earn work-study or course credit
– Work alongside seasoned nonprofit and tech professionals
What We are Looking For:
– Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
– Ability to work independently
– Experience with nonprofits (could be working or volunteering)
– Demonstrated experience working with social media
— This is an unpaid internship in our office in Redwood Shores
— You’ll take on real responsibilities and play a key role in our development!
Image courtesy sflca.org
Our thanks to NDNU Retention Director Mike Palmieri for sharing this opportunity.